Ingredients: (for about 8-10 crepes) 230g all purpose white flour 100g rice flour 600 ml cold water 2 – 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 pinches of salt Method: Mix all the ingredients with hand mixer and set aside for about 30 minutes. Heat a lightly …
Ingredients: (for cca 15 patties)
- 250g dry chickpeas (soak overnight)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 large cloves garlic (minced)
- a handful of parsley
- 4-6 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1,5 tsp salt
- a pinch or two black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of smoked paprika
You can add some cilantro (It is in the original recipe but I am not a fan..)
Falafels are also amazing with some sesame seeds if you like them 🙂
- Soak chickpeas overnight, they will double in size as they soak. Drain well.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix untill all is combined. You might have to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl.
- The mixture is crumbly so be careful to add chickpea flour gradually..
- Make small patties and fry them in hot vegetable oil or bake them in the oven (190 degrees C or 375 degrees F, bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning the falafel patties over halfway through baking.)
You can keep them in the refrigerator for a few days or save some in the freezer.
For me the best way to eat falafel is in a tortilla wrap with vegetables and falafel yogurt sauce or just put the patties in a salad. Or just eat them as a snack.. These patties are simple and awesome…
If you have a small food procesor make sure to mix half the chickpeas first and then the other half because it will be easier 😉
Ingredients: (for 4 persons) 250g brown lentils (soak overnight) 100g buckwheat 1 medium onion 3 cloves garlic 1 large leek !/2 medium cauliflower 3 medium carrots 1 cup frozen peas 2 bay leaves vegetable oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, a pinch of smoked paprika, dill Method: …
Ingredients: (for 2 persons)
- 200g spelt
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 300g zuchinni
- 1 green pepper
- 200g mushrooms sliced thinly (champignons in this recipe)
- fresh parsley and dill
- salt and pepper, turmeric
- Rinse spelt with water and cook in hot and salted water for about 15-20 minutes.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms, pepper and zuchinni.
- Chopp onions and saute them in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Add chopped pepper, zuchinni and mushrooms and continue cooking for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, chopped parsley, a pinch or two of dill and add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like you can also add some smoked paprika powder or/and cayenne pepper if you like it spicier.
- Add cooked spelt and mix.
- Serve and enjoy! 🙂
It tastes amazing if you add some homemade parmesan or nutritional yeast 🙂
Ingredients: (for one large baking tray: cca 20 rolls)
- 20g fresh yeast (or 1 package dry yeast)
- 250 ml warm water milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 250g all purpose flour
- 200g spelt flour
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- The filling:
- 4-5 tablespoons wild garlic pesto
- Add 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp flour and 20g finely crumbled yeast in warm water (NOT HOT!). If you are using dry yeast just add that. Let activate in a worm place for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add olive oil and salt and gradually add flour stirring as you go (you may not add it all). The dough will be sticky and when it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball (be careful not to overmix).
- Put your dough ball back in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or kitchen cloth and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough in a large rectangle, cover with pesto and fold in half.
- With a knife cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 centimeters sections and swirl them, then make a knot.
- Put them in a large baking tray. Leave some space between them because they will rise a little more.
- Let rise again for about 10-15 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 25 minutes in oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 25 minutes take them out of the oven and leave them to cool in a cold space and then enjoy!
Ingredients: (for 4 persons) 400g whole wheat spaghetti (or any other pasta) 2 medium onions 2-3 large cloves garlic (minced) 2 medium sized carrots (grated) 1 green pepper (diced in small pieces) 700ml tomato puree 100g soy granulat 1 can peas (or frozen) – optional …