Caramel sauce & Peanut butter caramel sauce
So I decided to make a snickers cake and for that you need a caramel sauce. I was searching online and looking all the different recipes and decided to try sometnihg the most simple possible….
Ingredients: (for about 250g)
- 100g brown sugar
- 130ml vegan sweetened cream (I always use Schlagfix)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- Melt sugar on medium heat in a pan, make sure you don’t burn it so you have to keep whisking. The sugar will clump up first, but will eventually completely melt.
- When sugar is all melted remove from stove and mix in the coconut butter. The mixture will bubble up, but keep whisking until all the butter has melted and combined, then slowly add the whipping cream.
- Keep stirring on low to medium heat untill the right consistency.
- Put in small glass containers and keep in refrigerator up to 1-2 weeks.
If you like salted caramel just add a pinch of salt at the end.
When you need the caramel just melt it again on a double boiler or a heatproof bowl set over (not in) a saucepan of simmering water. Or you could melt it in a microwave.
Peanutbutter caramel sauce
For one layer in the cake I combined this caramel sauce and peanut butter. I combined the mixture in a container glass, which was in a saucepan of simmering water and kept stirring. The mixture was very thick so I added about 1dl of water untill it was liquid enougt to run down the spoon.