Chocolate cake balls
Every time I bake a cake I end up with some leftover sponge cake that I just can’t throw away, because it hurts my heart to throw away food.
So I make some chocolate cake balls that you can keep in a refrigerator for a few days and treat yourself (and your co-workers) at work… 🙂
Ingredients: (for about 15 90g balls)
- leftover sponge cake (about 250-300g)
- 250g digestive cookies (I used one package of gran cereale digestive)
- 2-4 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2,5 dl plant milk (oat milk)
- 0,3 dl rum
- Crumble your sponge cake with your fingers in a large bowl.
- Mix cookies in a food processor and add the cookie powder to the bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Let it cool in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Make large 90g balls and cover them in coconut.
If you have more time you can make bite size balls 🙂
You can store them in a refrigerator for about 4-6 days, but usually they last for maybe 2 days because they are so good 😉