- 2 medium onions (160g)
- 4 cloves garlic – diced
- 2 medium potatoes (230g)
- one hokaido pumpkin (730g)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bay laurel leaf (Laurus nobilis)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 pinches of dill
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 2 pinches of turmeric
- 2 pinches of pepper (also add cayenne pepper if you prefer it spicy)
- 1l water + add 3dl water if the soup is too thick
- Cut hokaido pumpkin in 4 large pieces, take out the seeds and put it in the oven for about 15 minutes on 200 degrees celsious. when it cools down a little take the spoon and seperate pumpkin meat from the peel.
- Chopp onions and saute them in 3 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Add chopped garlic and mix, only untill you can smell the garlic…do not let it become brown (it gets bitter).
- Add potatoes and pumpkin and pour everything with water.
- Add bay leaf and let it boil. Then add all the spices and let it cook for about 20min on medium heat.
- When everything is cooked, take out the bay leaf and mix the soup with hand blender untill smooth. If the soup is too thick add some water, and taste it if you need to add some more salt or other spices.
- You can add some grind ginger if you like it.. 🙂