Fried rice with vegetables and tofu
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 200g firm tofu (tofu scramble)
- salt, black pepper, turmeric & 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g basmati rice
- 2 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 large onion
- 2-3 large carrots (diced)
- 1 cup green peas
- 4-6 spoons light soy sauce
- Cook basmati rice (usually you need 1cup of rice and 2 cups of water, but follow the instructions on the package!)
- Cut tofu and all the vegetables so you have everything ready.
- Fry tofu in a pan with some oil to make tofu scramble. Season with salt, black pepper and turmeric. Use a fork to mash the tofu.
- In a wok or a large pan sautee diced onion and carrots, when they become softer add peas and keep cooking. When vegetables are cooked add basmati rice and tofu scramble.
- Add soy sauce and mix. You can add more soy sauce if you like 😉