Wild garlic swirls
Ingredients: (for one large baking tray: cca 20 rolls)
- 20g fresh yeast (or 1 package dry yeast)
- 250 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 250g all purpose flour
- 200g spelt flour
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- The filling:
- 4-5 tablespoons wild garlic pesto
- Add 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp flour and 20g finely crumbled yeast in warm water (NOT HOT!). If you are using dry yeast just add that. Let activate in a worm place for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add olive oil and salt and gradually add flour stirring as you go (you may not add it all). The dough will be sticky and when it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball (be careful not to overmix).
- Put your dough ball back in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or kitchen cloth and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Roll out the dough in a large rectangle, cover with pesto and fold in half.
- With a knife cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 centimeters sections and swirl them, then make a knot.
- Put them in a large baking tray. Leave some space between them because they will rise a little more.
- Let rise again for about 10-15 minutes in a warm place.
- Bake for 25 minutes in oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius / 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 25 minutes take them out of the oven and leave them to cool in a cold space and then enjoy!