Pad Thai with Vegetables
I enjoy thai dishes but they are just a little too sweet for my taste so I made my version of Pad Thai with more vegetables and not so sweet…
Hope you like it! 😉
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 200g rice noodles
- 200g firm tofu (diced) – If you like tofu with more crisp cover it with 2 tbsp spelt flour before frying
- 3-4 tbsp sesame oil for frying (or vegetable oil)
- 1 large leek
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 zuchinni
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/2 green pepper (you can use any color, I prefer the green one)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (black in this recipe)
- a handful of chopped peanuts
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3dl cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli
- 7 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons rice flour (or potato starch)
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Cut tofu and all the vegetables.
- In 3dl cold water mix 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 tablespoons rice flour, lime juice and add chilli with soy sauces and turmeric.
- Fry tofu in a pan with some oil (I used sunflower and sesame oil) untill it gets just a little crispy.
- Put the rice noodles in hot water (prepare as said on the package, but usually it takes only 3 minutes to soften).
- Take out the tofu and put it aside so you can sautee the vegetables.
- Add rice noodles in a pan and when it becomes softer.
- Add the peanut butter chilli-soy sauce mixture and keep stirring. Add the tofu, sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Bring it to a boil and if the sauce is too thick add some water.
You can always add some soy sauce if you like more salt and this recipe is a bit spicy so if you like it milder just use less chilli.