Lentil minestrone with buckwheat
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 250g brown lentils (soak overnight)
- 100g buckwheat
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large leek
- 1/2 medium cauliflower (or broccoli)
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 bay leaves
- vegetable oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, a pinch of smoked paprika, dill
- Soak lentils overnight and rinse them with water before cooking.
- In a large pot saute chopped onion and leek in vegetable oil (you can use olive oil) and add minced garlic. (be careful not to burn the garlic)
- Add sliced carrots, cauliflower, peas, lentils and buckwheat.
- Add 1,5l of water and let it boil (add more if you need to..)
- Add spices to your taste with bay leaves and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!