Ingredients: (for cca 15 patties)
- 250g dry chickpeas (soak overnight)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 large cloves garlic (minced)
- a handful of parsley
- 4-6 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1,5 tsp salt
- a pinch or two black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, a pinch of smoked paprika
You can add some cilantro (It is in the original recipe but I am not a fan..)
Falafels are also amazing with some sesame seeds if you like them 🙂
- Soak chickpeas overnight, they will double in size as they soak. Drain well.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and mix untill all is combined. You might have to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl.
- The mixture is crumbly so be careful to add chickpea flour gradually..
- Make small patties and fry them in hot vegetable oil or bake them in the oven (190 degrees C or 375 degrees F, bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning the falafel patties over halfway through baking.)
You can keep them in the refrigerator for a few days or save some in the freezer.
For me the best way to eat falafel is in a tortilla wrap with vegetables and falafel yogurt sauce or just put the patties in a salad. Or just eat them as a snack.. These patties are simple and awesome…
If you have a small food procesor make sure to mix half the chickpeas first and then the other half because it will be easier 😉