November 29, 2020
Simple Vegan Sugar Cookies
This recipe is sufficient for about 2 baking trays (60 – 80 cookies depending on the thickness and size)
- 270g all purpose flour
- 6g baking powder
- 60g powder sugar
- pinch of vanilla (or 1 vanilla sugar)
- 125g vegan butter (room temperature)
- 4 tbsp oat milk
- Take your vegan butter from refrigerator and let it warm up at room temperature for about 1hour.
- Sift all purpose flour and baking powder in a large bowl, then add all other ingredients and knead with your hands.
- Divide dough in two pieces because sections of dough are easier to roll out.
- Roll out cookie dough to 0,6 cm (1/4 inch) thick and cut into shapes.
- Chill cookie dough for about 10 minutes. Without chilling, these cookie cutter sugar cookies won’t hold their shape.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes in oven preheated to 175 degrees Celsius / 347 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After 10 – 13 minutes take them out of the oven and leave them to cool in a cold space and then decorate!
- cover them in powder sugar,
- cover them with chocolate and sprinkles,
- bake half of cookies with a hole in the middle and put apricot jam in between cookies (linzer cookies) ,
- cover them with icing (this one is too sweet for me, but they look beautiful in colour)
Filed Under: Decorating, Desserts