Ingredients: (for 2 large pizza’s)
- 20g fresh yeast (or 1 package dry yeast)
- 250 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 250g all purpose flour
- 200g whole wheat spelt flour
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of tomatoes
- spices (salt, oregano, basil)
- Whisk together 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp flour and 20g finely crumbled yeast and warm water (NOT HOT!) in a large mixing bowl. If you are using dry yeast just add that. Let activate in a worm place for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add olive oil and salt and gradually add flour stirring as you go (you may not add it all). The dough will be sticky and when it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball (be careful not to overmix).
- Put your dough ball back in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap or kitchen cloth and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Mix tomatoes and spices with hand mixer.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius / 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the dough is ready, punch it down to release any air bubbles. Divide the dough in half.
- On a lightly floured work surface using lightly floured hands or rolling pin, gently flatten the dough into a disc. Place on prepared pan and, using lightly floured hands, stretch and flatten the disc into a circle. Lift the edge of the dough up to create a lip around the edges.
- Top with tomato sauce and your favorite toppings and bake for 20 minutes.