Vegan Meatless Lasagna
Recipe for 3-4 persons
Ingredients: (for 20x30cm glass baking tray)
- 15 lasagna leaves
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp celery (chopped)
- 2 grated carrots
- 100g soy granulat
- 7 dl tomato sauce (+ 2dl water)
- spices (1 tsp oregano, 1tsp basil, 2 tsp salt, 1/2-1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp smoked paprika)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 200g grated vegan cheese (I always use GreenVie – gauda flavor)
- 1 dl water
- 2 dl oat milk (or any other plant milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- spices (salt, pepper, turmeric, dill, cayenne pepper)
- 2 large spoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- Chop and grate all the fresh vegetables and sautee in a large pan or vok for about 5 minutes. Add soy granulat and spices and then pour in the tomato sauce with water. Add sugar, 2 bay leaves and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the bechamel sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients for bechamel sauce in a large pan and whisk until it boils. Let it simmer for a few minutes so that sauce thickens a little.
- To assemble lasagna put 3 lasagna leaves at the bottom of the baking tray, cover them with sauce and then with grated cheese. Repeat until you run out of lasagna leaves. Cover the top with bechamel sauce and finish with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in oven preheated to 200 degrees Celsius / 392 degrees Fahrenheit.