Pumpkin risotto with mushrooms
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 40-50 minutes
Ingredients: (for 2-3 persons)
- 100 g onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 350 g hokaido pumpkin
- 220 g mushrooms sliced thinly (champignons in this recipe)
- 1 medium carrot
- 250 g brown rice
- salt and pepper, turmeric, dill
- 2 bay leaves
- 3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast (optionally)
- Wash hokaido pumpkin (If you are sure that the pumpkin is not covered with pesticides you don’t even have to peel it), remove the seeds and chopp it into small pieces.
- Clean and chopp the onion, mushrooms, carrot and mince the garlic.
- Saute onion in 2-3 tablespoons olive oil then add garlic and mushrooms and keep stirring.
- Add the pumpkin with carrot and continue cooking for a few minutes until they soften.
- Add rice, bay leaves and 6-8 dl water (depending on the rice you use!).
- When the water boils add the spices and keep cooking on medium heat for about 40-50 minutes (depending on which rice you use). Stirr every few minutes and check if you need to add some extra water.
- If you like, you can also add some smoked paprika powder or/and cayenne pepper if you like it spicier.
- Serve and enjoy!
It tastes amazing if you add some homemade parmesan or nutritional yeast
You can also add some vegan sour cream at the end!