Bean minestrone with pasta
Ingredients: (for 4 persons)
- 1 kg cooked beans
- 300 g dry pasta
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- vegetable oil, salt, pepper, turmeric, a pinch of smoked paprika, dill
- Soak beans overnight and rinse them with water before cooking. Cook beans in water with salt and 2 bay leaves.
- If you are in a hurry just use beans in a can. I always use at least 2 diffrenet kind of beans.
- In a large pot saute chopped onion, add sliced carrots and celery. Add minced garlic (be careful not to burn the garlic), beans and bay leaves.
- Pour in 1l of water and let it boil (you can add more later if you need to..).
- Add spices to your taste and let it simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- While the bean minestrone is cooking, cook pasta by instructions on the box.
- When the minestrone is cooked take out bay leaves and pulse with a few times with hand mixer. Add parsley.
- Serve with cooked pasta and enjoy!