Ingredients: (for 4 persons) 250 g noodles 200 g firm tofu (diced) – If you like tofu with more crisp cover it with 2 tbsp spelt flour before frying 3-4 tbsp sesame oil for frying (or vegetable oil) 1 large leek 1 medium carrot 1 …
Preparation: 30 minutes
Cooking: 60-90 minutes
Ingredients: (for 4-6 persons)
- 200 g soy “meat” (soak in 5 dl vegetable broth and 2 tbsp soy sauce)
- 320 g chopped onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- half green pepper (about 100 g)
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp tomato paste + 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 dl red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon)
- vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp dill
- a pinch or two summer savory and thyme
- Soak soy “meat” for about half an hour in hot vegetable broth and 2 tbsp soy sauce. Meanwhile clean and prepare the vegetables and other ingredients.
- In a large pot saute chopped onion in vegetable oil for about 5-10 minutes untill it softens (add a pinch of salt while stirring). Add chopped carrots, green pepper and minced garlic. (Be careful not to burn the garlic)
- When the vegetables soften add tomato paste with balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, spices and bay leaves.
- Add soy “meat” with vegetable broth, red wine and about 1 l of water and let it boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about an hour. Check every 10-20 minutes to stirr and add water if necessary.
- After one hour add spices to your taste and serve. If you like it spicy add cayenne pepper or chilli sauce.
After a few hours the liquid will reduce, so just add more water before warming it up and add spices if necessary.
As a side dish you can use semolina, cooked potatoes, mash potatoes or just bread.
Ingredients: (for 2 persons) 200g spelt 1 medium onion (chopped) 2-3 cloves garlic (chopped) 300g zuchinni 1 green pepper 200g mushrooms sliced thinly (champignons in this recipe) fresh parsley and dill salt and pepper, turmeric Method: Rinse spelt with water and cook in hot and …