Ingredients: (for 4 persons) 500 g hokaido pumpkin 1 can of chickpeas 1 large onion 3-4 cloves garlic 1 red pepper 2 medium carrots 2 tomatoes 200 g spinach 1/2 tsp grated ginger (optional) 3 tbsp tomato paste 3 tbsp soy sauce 1 can of …
Ingredients: (for 4 persons – for 2 days 😉 )
- 300g barley (soak overnight)
- 5 medium potatoes (400 g)
- 3-4 medium onions (300 g)
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 4 medium carrots (180 g)
- 2 cans of baked beans
- 1 can of brown beans (with water)
- 2,5 l water
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil, 4 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 2 pinches of turmeric, 1-2 tsp of smoked paprika, 2-4 tbsp parsley, 1 tsp dill
*If you would like more protein in your meal add diced smoked tofu at the end (it tastes better if you fry it in a small pan seperately and then add to the stew).
- Soak barley overnight and rinse them with water before cooking.
- Cut and slice all the vegetables and prepare all the ingredients.
- In a large pot saute chopped onion and add minced garlic (be careful not to burn the garlic).
- Add sliced carrots, potatoes, barley and beans.
- Add 2,5l of water and let it boil.
- Add spices to your taste with bay leaves and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can cook it one day ahead, because it tastes better the second day 🙂
I always prepare a large 6 l pot for the whole family so we eat it for 2 days or you can freeze it.